Thai Hotel AssociationThai Hotel Association was established in 1963 by the Board of Directors and hotel owners called “Hotel Association for Tourist of Thailand” with the following objectives: 1. To foster the spirit of unity among members and support each other in hotel industry 2. To support tourism in the country with cooperation from Tourism Organizations in both Thailand and overseas 3. To impart knowledge and coordinate among members without involving politics The previous Head Office was located at the Oriental Hotel. In 1968 the “Hotel Association for Tourist of Thailand” was renamed to “Thai Hotels Association”. The present Head Office is located at 203-209/3 Ratchadamnoen Klang Avenue , Bowonniwet, Pranakon, Bangkok 10200.
Interesting to be our Member..
Benefits in general
- To receive information on hotel business and tourism industry from various sources such as THA Chapters in the central and 6 regional offices, including TAT, BOI, and ATTA, etc.
- To receive THA news, and member’s information as well as online communications via the internet at www.thaihotels.org or E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To attend THA Annual Meeting and follow up on THA progress, and exchange idea and suggestion to THA for improvement
- To attend Member’s Meeting organized in every 2 months to follow up on the progress of THA activities, to propose ideas and suggestions to Executive Board of Directors, to participate in seminars with guest speakers experiences in hotel business and tourism industry
- To get assistance and support from the Association as stated under scope of the Association’s objectives
- The right to propose ideas of suggestions to the Association and Executive Board of Directors under the scope of the Association’s objectives and with the aim to assist the Association
- The right to propose and participate in the enactment concerning hotel business and tourism industry which turns into government policy for the benefit of all members
- To participate in Hotel Rating System Project
- To assist and support hotel activities all over the country for the benefit of members and Hotel Industry
- To exchange views share experiences and work together for the benefit of hotel ad tourism industry.
The objectives of THA are as follows.
- To promote private enterprise relating to hotel business and tourism industry
- To promote and faster cooperation among all members of the Association
- To support and assist members to solve problems including negotiation with outsiders for the mutual benefits of the members
- To support and assist members to solve problems including negotiation with outsiders for the mutual benefits of the members enterprises
- To foster the spirit of unity and exchange knowledge, opinions, and technique as well as information concerning hotel business and tourism industry
- To protect and promote mutual benefit
- To cooperate and coordinate with the government and private sectors, e.g. organizations, associations, companies or any persons when the Association deems that such cooperation will assist or provide facilities in fulfillment of the Association objectives.
- To propagate and publicize Association’s activities as well as information concerning hotel business and tourism industry
- To conduct training programs and seminars in the field of hotel business and tourism industry
- To carry out any kind of business with the aims of promoting and increasing benefits for the members
- To clarify and make proposal to the government and help in solving problems and obstacles in connection with hotel business and tourism industry
- To cooperate with government in promoting hotel business with regard to a good standard and in concurrence with the governments policy
- To make agreements or set mutual regulations for the members to follow, to refrain from any practices, all for the food of the members business
- To settle disputer in business between fellow members, or between members and outsiders
- To arrange sales promotion domestically and internationally
- To join in any charitable activities or make contribution to charity for public welfare and national security
The members are classified into 11 groups as follows:
- 1. Group of hotels located in Bangkok, Phatumthani, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Nakornpathom, Kanchanaburi, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram and Ratchaburi with number of rooms exceeding 250
- 2. Group of hotels located in Bangkok , Phatumthani. Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Nakornpathom, Kanchanaburi, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram and Ratchaburi with number of rooms less than 249
- 3. Group of hotels located in Central Chapter consists of Ayutthaya , Nakorn Nayok, Saraburi, Angthong, Singburi, Supanburi, Lopburi, Chainat, Uthaithani and Nakornsawan
- 4. Group of hotels located in Eastern chapter consists of Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Trad, Srakaew, Chachengsao and Prachinburi
- 5. Group of hotels located in Western Chapter consists of Petchaburi and Prachuabkirikan
- 6. Group of hotels located in Upper Northern Chapter consists of Phrae, Lampang, Lamphun, Nan , Phayao, Chiangmai, Chiangrai and Maehongson
- 7. Group of hotels located in Lower Northern Chapter consists of Kamphaengpetch, Phichit, Petchabun, Pisanulok, Sukhothai, Tak and Utharadit
- 8. Group of hotels located in Upper Northeastern Chapter consists of Khonkaen, Mukdahan, Kalasin, Nongbua Lamphu, Loei, Udonthani, Sakolnakon, Nakon Phanom and Nongkhai
- 9. Group of hotels located in Lower Northeastern Chapter consists of Nakornratchasima, Buriram, Surin, Srisaket, Chaiyaphum, Mahasarakam, Roied, Yasothon, Ubonratchathani and Amnatcharoen
- 10. Group of hotels located in Southern Chapter consists of Ranong, Phang Nga, Phuket, Krabi, Pattalung, Trang, Satul, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat
- 11. Group of hotels located in Southern Chapter consists of Chumporn, Suratthani and Nakhonsrithammarat
THA is a member of the following:ASEAN Tourism Association (ASEANTA) Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) ASEAN Hotels & Restaurant Association (AHRA)
Total MembersAt present, Thai Hotels Association has a total of 848 Members: Ordinary Members : 669 Extra-Ordinary Members : 75 Association Members : 73 Honorary Members : 31
75,123 total views, 89 views today